Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Tribeca Film Festival Move #5 Alchemy


James Barbour and Thomas Cavanagh Posted by Hello


“Can an university computer scientist (Tom Cavanagh, best known from Urinetown and TV's Ed) make a woman fall in love with his interactive computer before she succumbs to a well-known professor? His job depends on it in this romantic comedy. Also starring Sarah Chalke, Illeana Douglas, and Celeste Holm.”

That is basic plot of movie I watched today called “Alchemy”, lighthearted comedy. I liked the fact that entire movie was shot in New York. Some part was even shot at Pace University, where I saw another movie just yesterday.

I like the story and acting was fine. Sarah Chalke, who play Samantha from TV show Scrub, was very fine. Somehow I felt that movie was little too sitcom-ish. Overall, I did like the movie but it wasn’t the best.


Director Evan Oppenheimer and actor/actress Thomas Cavanagh, James Barbour, Sarah Chalke, and Nadia Dajani was there for Q&A session after the movie.
Posted by Hello

Oh and for the record, yes, it is my stinky digital camera. It' old. also lighting in movie theater is not so good.

No comments: